Friday 20 June 2008

Disappointment to elation

Some of the garlic plants got lightly damaged by MJC's strimming the other night so to satisfy my overwhelming curiosity at whether they were ready yet, I dug a couple of them up..... Oh! Initial negative thoughts were " it hasn't worked" and "all that money for nothing!" (Note: Decided this year to get cloves from the Garlic Farm as last year's supermarket ones went mouldy due to all the rain).
However when I decided to dig up just one more to check (from the other side of the bed, different variety) I got this little beauty...obviously the one on the left, but the other one was very tasty in the salsa verde we made to accompany the fish for dinner.
Now I'm going to be patient and wait just a wee bit longer to harvest all the other 89 and even if I only get a couple more like the one on the left I'll be a happy girl indeed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately my expensive garlic looks like yours on the right.
If things don't radically improve I'm going back to the supermarket next year!

Matron said...

Now that the longest day has gone the bulbs will really start to swell now! I just love fresh, green garlic!

Lisa said...

Matron - thanks for the advice, I'll try and hang on a bit longer. They say patience is a virtue...