Wednesday 23 April 2008

The Growing Season starts here...

At last the weather's warming up and it feels like Spring.

Did a solo digging session last night and managed to clear an area about 6 metres squared of weeds ready to plant out the broad beans when I get back next week. Found some very large but chewed-by-slugs potatoes that I missed when digging last year's crop up. Oh well at least the soil is nice and crumbly.

On Sunday we managed to plant the rest of the potatoes - the maincrops, Pink Fir Apple and Cara (2 rows each of 20 tubers). MJC planted the last of the onions (hope they're not too late in!).


Monday, I transplanted the rest of the tomato seedlings and tranferred them upstairs out of the way of the kitties.

2 comments:

Matron said...

Glad you enjoyed your digging! isn't it great to get out in some warm sunshine for a change. I am just waiting to get everything planted out, the greenhouse is choc-full to bursting.

Lisa said...

I know it was so balmy! I'm just hoping that it continues and that the soil warms up enough to start sowing direct.