Monday 20 October 2008

One thing in common...

...in these 3 potted delights are the Bramley apples from my tree (still a whole treeful to deal with!!).
From left to right - bramble & apple jelly, spiced apple jelly and green tomato chutney. The chutney is a Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall River Cottage recipe and the jellies are from this great little book (very retro!) that my sister found in amongst my mum's cookbooks and thought I'd like it - cheers M!! I adapted the apple jelly recipe with the addition of a few spices and making up the sugar content with muscovado (hence the dark colour) but it tastes delish! Will be making lots more of this to keep me in toast accompaniments over winter...
(Note: will post the recipe soon)

3 comments:

Matron said...

I just love making chutneys and jams this time of year. I thought I might make a mulled wine spiced apple chutney.

Lisa said...

Oooh I love mulled wine. I shall watch out for a recipe on your blog :)

Matron said...

Yes! I love making jams and chutneys this time of year. It has been such a good year for apples.